School Philosophy, Culture and Ethos
Yishun Secondary School is committed to developing our students holistically. We take pride in offering a values-driven education that develops the strengths of each student. Through the years, Yishun Secondary has produced many successful students, whose achievements are made possible by a team of dedicated educators who believe that 'every child can succeed'. The school's motto, 'We Seek, We Strive, We Soar', describes our continuous effort in striving for excellence to soar to greater heights. The school values of Respect, Integrity and Resilience are inculcated in students via daily lessons and school programmes. The school also seeks to develop every student to be a Thinker, an Innovator and a Contributor (Desired Outcomes of an Yishunite) to prepare them for the future.
ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS, ART, BIOLOGY, COMBINED HUMANITIES (S,G), COMBINED HUMANITIES (S,H), CHEMISTRY, CHINESE, COMPUTER APPLICATIONS, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY, ENGLISH LANGUAGE, FOOD AND CONSUMER EDUCATION, HIGHER CHINESE, LITERATURE(E), MATHEMATICS, MALAY, MUSIC, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, PHYSICS, RETAIL OPERATIONS, SCIENCE (CHEM, BIO), SCIENCE (PHY, CHEM), TAMIL
Special Student Development Programmes Offered
1) Applied Learning Programme (ALP): The school leverages on the new media through ALP in Sonic Arts, 'Music, Media & Technology' to provide students with a strong foundation and exposure to established and emerging disciplines such as Music Technology and Recording Arts (Music & Media). 2) Learning for Life Programme (LLP): The school's LLP on Community Youth Leadership (CYL) focuses on providing students with opportunities to lead in serving the community. The programme forms an extension to Values-In-Action (VIA) experiences and provides opportunities for Yishunites to broaden their understanding of the needs and aspirations of the community through authentic experiences and deepen the development of leadership skills and attitudes. 3) Curricular Innovations: The school provides students with authentic learning experiences through inter-disciplinary programmes such as School Area for Integrated Learning (SAIL) which functions as an outdoor learning classroom; and English-Mathematics-ICT-Science (EMITS) Day which immerses students in an experiential learning experience of the various disciplines. 4) Character and Citizenship Education Programme: Key programmes that build students' character include Citizenship Education Learning Journeys, Sec 2 Adventure Camp and Sec 3 Internationalisation Trips. The school leverages on its strong partnerships with various community groups for our student leadership and citizenship education programmes to develop "caring hearts" in all Yishunites.
- BADMINTON, BASKETBALL, NETBALL, SEPAK TAKRAW, FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL
Visual and Performing Arts
- CHOIR, BAND - SYMPHONIC, ENSEMBLE - GUZHENG, DANCE - CHINESE, DANCE - INDIAN, DANCE - MALAY, D'LITE (ENGLISH DRAMA)
- BOYS' BRIGADE, GIRL GUIDES, NPCC, ST. JOHN BRIGADE, NCC (LAND)
Clubs and Societies
- AVA CLUB, APERTURE, ROBOTICS CLUB
|We are updating the cutoff points. Please check back later.|
Option Code : 3020
How to Get There?
By Car : 4 YISHUN STREET 71 S(768516)
(Click on the address to see the location on map)
Discussion and questions on YISHUN SECONDARY SCHOOL