School Philosophy, Culture and Ethos
At Edgefield, we believe in nurturing our students to be 'Future Ready'. Framed by Five Minds for the Future, our curriculum nurtures Innovators who collaborate actively with others to design and develop creative solutions to problems, and resilient in facing setbacks and challenges. They are also Compassionate Leaders who are inclusive, with the moral courage to do what is right in contributing positively to the society. Built by a dedicated team of experienced educators, and equipped with the newest facilities and the latest technologies, the Edgefield Community prides itself for its curriculum innovation in providing the ideal learning environment and experiences for our students. As Lao Tzu says "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", Edgefield Secondary and staff looks forward to this educational partnership with you and your child in 2018.
ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS, ART, BIOLOGY, COMBINED HUMANITIES (S,G), COMBINED HUMANITIES (S,H), CHEMISTRY, CHINESE, CHINESE N(A), COMPUTER APPLICATIONS, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY, ELEMENTS OF BUSINESS SKILLS, ENGLISH LANGUAGE, ENGLISH LANGUAGE (SYLL A), ENGLISH LANGUAGE (SYLL T), FOOD & NUTRITION, FOOD AND CONSUMER EDUCATION, GEOGRAPHY, HIGHER CHINESE, HISTORY, LITERATURE(E), MATHEMATICS, MATHEMATICS (SYLLABUS A), MATHEMATICS (SYLLABUS T), MALAY, MALAY N(A), MUSIC, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, PHYSICS, SCIENCE (CHEM, BIO), SCIENCE (PHY, BIO), SCIENCE (PHY, CHEM), SCIENCE (SYLL T), SOCIAL STUDIES
Special Student Development Programmes Offered
(1) Applied Learning Programme (ALP) - "Growing the Entrepreneurial Mindset (GEM)". The programme inculcates in students entrepreneurial traits such as resilience, alertness to opportunities, creativity, and hone their skills in financial/ business management, marketing and advanced problem solving. (2) Learning for Life Programme (LLP) - "Character Education through Sports anchored on Taekwondo". Besides developing healthy bodies and self-defence life skill, students develop positive values such as resilience, courage, self-reliance, quick thinking and respect for others. (3) School wide programme: Thinking and Research Programme (includes Analytical Thinking Skills, Creative problem solving); ICT via Apple Education Programme; Challenge Based Learning; Language Arts Programme (including Speech and Drama, Storytelling, Film Appreciation and Creative Writing), Internationalization Programme; Robotics LEGO Mindstorm, Journalism and Broadcasting, Basic Leadership Development Programme, Outward Bound Singapore, Golf Education Programme, Conversational Chinese/ Malay and Third Language classes. (4) Other specific Programmes: Edgefield Scholar / Talent Development Programme; National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA); Life Science Enrichment Programme; Mathematics Olympiad Enrichment; Advanced Leadership Development Programme (based on Kouzes and Posner The Leadership Challenge model); Sustainable Development, Calligraphy, Painting & Music Programme; Tan Kah Kee Young Inventors' Programme.
- AIR PISTOL/ SHOOTING, BADMINTON, BASKETBALL, SOFTBALL, TAEKWONDO, WUSHU, VOLLEYBALL
Visual and Performing Arts
- CHOIR, ENSEMBLE - HARMONICA, ENSEMBLE - GUZHENG, FESTIVE DRUMS, DANCE - MODERN, ENGLISH LITERARY DRAMA AND DEBATE SOCIETY, BAND - CONCERT, ART AND CRAFT CLUB
- GIRL GUIDES, SCOUTS, NPCC (SEA), NATIONAL CIVIL DEFENCE CADET CORPS
Clubs and Societies
- SINGAPORE YOUTH FLYING CLUB, ROBOTICS CLUB
|2017||Express||224 - 249|
|2017||Normal (Academic)||184 - 199|
|2017||Normal (Technical)||141 - 158|
Option Code : 3075Affliated School : None
How to Get There?
By Car : 36 PUNGGOL FIELD S(828814)
(Click on the address to see the location on map)
Discussion and questions on EDGEFIELD SECONDARY SCHOOL