Until 2018 there were four exams conducted for each level.
- CA1: Continual Assessment 1 which was conducted at the end of Term1 usually just before the March school holidays
- SA1: Semestral Assessment 1 which was conducted at the end of Term2 usually just before the June school holidays
- CA2: Continual Assessment 2 which was conducted at the end of Term3 usually just before the August school holidays
- SA2: Semestral Assessment 2 which was conducted at the end of Term4 usually just before the year end school holidays
From 2019 all exams and Weighted Assessments for Primary 1 and Primary 2 students in Singapore has been removed and mid year exams for P3, P5, Sec1 and Sec3 levels are also scrapped as they are key transition levels.
Instead of CA1 and CA2, WA1 and WA2 are introduced which are called weighted Assessment 1 and Weighted Assessment 2. The Weighted Assessment 1 is roughly conducted in the mid of term 2 and WA2 is conducted around July or August depending on which school your child is studying.
The removal of mid-year exams will free up to about three weeks of curriculum time for each two-year block (that is, Primary 3 and Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6, Sec 1 and 2, Sec 3 and 4). Schools are encouraged to use the time and space freed up for quality teaching and learning.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Articles Categories[Primary Articles | Secondary Articles | JC Articles | University Articles | General Articles]
Related Articles in Category : Primary